Friday, June 27, 2008

Mid-Day report - Day 2

The US Track and Field Oylmpic Trials have are underway! I'm currently on a short dinner break, but I have been filming the women's heptathalon events. 3 events are in the books - 100 hurdles, High Jump, and Shot Put. There are a couple of Ohio girls competing. 1 went to school at Cincinnati (Wilhelm) and the other goes to school at Indiana, but went to high school in the little farm town of Columbus Grove, Ohio.

Props go out to the women in these events! All I have done today is sit there and tape the events and I'm exhausted (and sunburnt), so I can't imagine what they are feeling like...and they still have the 200 meters to come in an hour.

Opening ceremonies are about to get started so I'm heading back over to the track.

Interesting fact of the day so far: We have set up our station underneath the West Grandstands at Hayward. The reason this is interesting is that they have a track facility - 8 surfaced 100 meter lanes - for warmups under the grandstands!

No comments: