Sunday, July 6, 2008

Living it up in Eugene!

Dang, what a final day!

The races were great, especially the men's 1500. I watched the race right along the homestretch fence about 20 meters from the finish line. I won't spend too much time talking about running, just that I am happy for Lagat, Manzano, and Lomong. They are all very deserving!

When I had the time, I tried to get a bunch of pictures today. Some faces you might recognize are Bernard Lagat, Abdi, and Andrew Wheating. See the pictures.

I really need to start packing. We are leaving for the airport at 4 a.m. I loved Eugene and had a blast at the trials, but I am ready to get back home - Athens!

It was an awesome experience and I met so many cool people; I'm gonna make a list of everyone - crazy and not so crazy - when I'm sitting at the airport tomorrow and should have one culminating post sometime soon.

Side note: I just went to the Days Inn across the street and got a sign that is going to look great in the apartment next year! Don't worry Mom and Dad, I actually asked for it this time :)

No comments: